Historic and Landmark Restoration
Hoffmann Architects’ restorations of major architectural icons go beyond resolving the leaks and cracks that plague all buildings over time. Our surveys and remedial designs have won recognition, from historical stewards like the New York Landmarks Conservancy and the National Trust for Historic Preservation, for their innovative solutions to technical problems and for their respect for aesthetic integrity.
Applying new technologies, respecting time-honored craftsmanship.
Over 40 years of restoring the outsides of buildings has lent Hoffmann Architects diverse yet specialized experience. Our services include:
• Failure investigation
• Restoration, rehabilitation, and preservation
• Facade cleaning and repair programs
• Historical data and document review
• Liaison with landmarks and historic commissions
• Schematic design and document preparation
• Structural engineering
• Oversight of material matching and original design fidelity
• On-site project representation
Not all landmark buildings use the same materials, or use them in the same way. Our architects and engineers understand equally well the structural demands of the nation’s pioneering skyscrapers as they do the marble, slate, iron, and terra cotta of structures a hundred years older.